Wednesday, October 9, 2013

If I Did It, You Can Too!!!


By the age of 21, I weighed nearly 360 lbs.  I was miserable and making all the wrong decisions.  With an extremely poor diet, lack of physical activity, and an affinity to party,  my body, mind, and soul became extremely unhealthy; I was completely out of balance and my life had relatively ZERO homeostasis.  I knew I needed to change my lifestyle ASAP.  Rather than fall deeper into an unhealthy lifestyle, I decided it was time to take back control of my life; it was time to get healthy. I moved to Denver and hired a personal trainer; since then, I have not looked back.

To date, I have lost nearly 160 lbs and love life more than ever. Through dedication, discipline, and determination, I was able to completely turn my life around.  I have experienced, first hand, what it takes to make drastic life changes, and though the process is often hard, there exists no greater reward than the freedom of personal greatness, supreme wellness and optimal health.   


The path has been long and, at times, treacherous.  Throughout this process I had to dig deep within, battle my demons, face harsh personal truths, deny the tempting calls of my old lifestyle, and stay positive, even when I took a step or two back.  I came to realize that every decision I made brought me either one step closer to balance, or one step further.  We truly perform at our best when we have a healthy balance between our body, mind, and soul.   

It is important to realize and accept that you will run into many road blocks, make poor decisions, and lose sight of your goals.  A huge part of this process is learning to accept yourself in "success" as well as in "failure."  You must define what these concepts mean personally, and understand that the only person who can truly assess you is you!  The only failure comes when you let the road blocks deter you; when you fall down and never get back up.  Regardless of what success means to you, the only way to achieve it is to pick yourself up when you fall and refuse to let road blocks stop you from pursuing and achieving all of your goals in life.

Remember, this is a journey that has no final destination; the path to wellness is infinite and universal.  As I continue my journey to wellness and the pursuit of personal greatness, I have a mantra that I follow, “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Healthy Soul!” Once you can embrace this, you are truly on the path to greatness and living The Good Life.

There are few guarantees in life, but I will guarantee you this...If I Can Do It, You Can To!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment